My Etsy Shop

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Esty shop open again

The good news is I have reopened my Etsy shop but the not so good news is that due to Etsy's disappointing stance on EU VAT I can now only offer the patterns via e-mail, rather than instant downloads. I know that this is a pain in the rear end for you and me but until Etsy offer workable solutions I'm afraid it has to be this way. Very soon I will be opening a new shop on a platform that deals with all the VAT and allows instant downloads. It will take me a while to sort the files out but as soon as it's up and running I'll tell you all about it.
 
I suspect that platforms such as Etsy will eventually have to change their business models as EU VAT will eventually apply to anything sold within the EU, digital or physical and this will effect anyone who trades within the EU. If third party platforms fail to comply with EU VAT then people will simply stop using them. It would be nice though if they showed more of a sense of urgency.
 
That's all for now but this whole issue is an ongoing situation so this will not be the last you'll be hearing about it.
 
In the meantime, happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment