My Etsy Shop

Wednesday 29 July 2015

New Pattern: Ahenny Celtic Cross

I've just added a new pattern to both my Etsy and Payhip shops.
 
 
Ahenny Celtic Cross is already one of my favourites and was a joy to work on. It is inspired by knotwork carved onto the North Cross, one of the two high crosses at Kilclispeen Cemetery, Ahenny, County Tipperary, Ireland.
 
The two stone crosses are all that remains of a monastery that was on the site and are believed to date from the eighth or ninth century. They are amongst the earliest examples of ringed crosses.
 
 
This pattern is perfect for those of you who love Celtic art or who want to stitch something connected to ancient Ireland.
 
This will be the last Celtic design I release for a while as there are other design projects I'll be concentrating on for the next few months. My main priorities are forthcoming bird collection to compliment my popular bullfinches design and the Leopold alphabet.
 
Unfortunately, the Pentrich revolution embroidery project has been cancelled due to lack of support. This is very disappointing for me and the organisers of the project but they still have plenty of other things planned. I may still be able to donate a contribution to the art exhibition if I can find the time to make something.
 
 
I have also updated my logo and Etsy shop banner to freshen things up a little. I'll be updating all of my pattern cover pages with this new look too.
 
 
To buy the pattern, you can either click on the Etsy listing at the top of the page or click below to go to my Payhip shop.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment