My Etsy Shop

Wednesday 17 June 2015

Wise Little Owl - A Free Pattern

I have just reached a little milestone on Instagram by gaining my 100th follower. I am very grateful to everyone who has supported me and my work so far and I now have a little treat for you all.
 
Last year, I bought some cute little owl buttons from Pocket and Pin, an online haberdashery full of exciting things. As soon as saw the little owls I knew I wanted to use them - but how?
 
Looking through a magazine, I found an article on antique samplers and one of them, made by Sarah Doggett in 1815, featured many motifs of plants and birds. One of them was of a bird perched in the branches of a tree. I knew then how to use the owl buttons!
 
 
I have adapted the motif so that it fits neatly into a 4-inch (10cm) hoop and there is a little space for the owl to perch.
 
As a thank you for all the support I've had so far, you can download this pattern for free from my Payhip Shop.
 
If you'd like to follow me on Instagram, you can find me as @HawthornTree_xs
 
Thank you and happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment