My Etsy Shop

Thursday 19 February 2015

New Bullfinches Pattern and a Payhip Shop Sale

The days are getting longer and lighter, the snowdrops are opening and that means the birds are starting to think about nesting.
 
I've been fascinated by birds since I was a young child and I love all birds but most of all I love the birds of woodland habitat and those that come into my garden. My favourite bird of all is the bullfinch and I remember the first time I saw one in my garden. It perched briefly on top of the brick archway over the gate before flying away. On another occasion, during a snowy day one winter, a male landed on the fence and his pink breast looked like a rose that had suddenly blossomed in the white landscape.
 
 
Bullfinches are believed to pair for life as males and females are often seen together in winter. I have been lucky enough to see a pair in my garden a couple of times feeding on the berries of a Himalayan honeysuckle plant (also known as pheasant berry). This being so, you really shouldn't stitch one without the other, even if you choose to frame them separately.
 
 
 
This brand new pattern is one six that I have included in a 20% sale on my Payhip shop. The sale includes the following patterns:
 
 
To get 20% off these patterns simply enter the code SNOWDROP at the checkout.
 
THIS OFFER ENDS ON SUNDAY 22nd FEBRUARY

No comments:

Post a Comment